[sane-devel] SANE driver for NEC Petiscan scanner

Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:49:43 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 05:08:09PM -0700, Allan Kaplan wrote:
> As far as I can tell, without further digging into the guts of the scanner,
> there are two chips which say
>
> JIC (?)
> ES52099S
> 9919-LHIJ
> I was not able to find data on this chip.

Google finds some references but no spec or explanation.

> Winbond
> W24512AJ-15
> 919SA290732601CE
> Chip specs:
> <http://www.chipdocs.com/pndecoder/datasheets/WBOND/W24512AJ-15.html>

So that's RAM. No other chips? In this c ase the JIC must be the scan
chip.

> It occurred to me that this scanner will run off another computer I have
> access to, but only in MacOS9.  Might there more data that I can access from
> a computer that will actually run the scanner, versus this laptop with which
> I want to ultimately run the scanner, but only uses MacOSX?

You need software that can listen to the USB commands send to the
scanner ("sniffer"). While some programs are available for Windows I
don't know if that's the case for MacOS9.