[sane-devel] PLUSTEK OpticPro 12000T do not work under Kernel 2.6.4-52

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:11:28 +0200

Hi Andreas,

I'm not sure, why this mail took that long to reach the list - or - to reach
me, but I think we have already discussed that on the linux-club.de forum...

For the protocol:
- something wnet wrong when buildingh the module, but in the end it is loaded
- automatic loading is done via /etc/init.d/boot.local
- although the module is loaded, SANE does not find the scanner
- there are two concurrent SANE installations on Andreas' box...

That's all,
  Gerhard

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 21:41, Andreas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need your help. I have upgraded my system from SuSE 8.2 to 9.1. Now I
> need for my Plustek parallelport-scanner the package
> sane-backends-2004-06-14.tar.gz. I have installed it correctly, so I mean.
> But my scanner can't be dectected. xsane shows errors and scanimage -L
> tells me "No scanners were identified".
>
> Shortly after the installation of the package and after making
> ./MakeModule.sh tells me dmesg
[SNIPSNAP]