[sane-devel] Re: strange rattle in epson 610 / compile problem 1.0.14 on slackware 9.1

Peter Fales psfales@fales-lorenz.net
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:33:57 -0500

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 03:48:11PM +0200, Kees Lemmens wrote:
> What should be improved IMO :
>
> configure should only decide to use libgphoto2 if it is able to compile and
> link a program using these libraries and it should disable gphoto2 in all
> other cases. Relying on the presence of gphoto2-config is not enough IMO.

The latest CVS uses pkgconfig instead of gphoto2-config, but is still
presumably subject to the same problem.  I've submitted a fix to CVS
to check and make sure that a program can be linked using the gphoto2
libraries before the gphoto2 backend will be enabled.

--
Peter Fales
Peter "at" fales-lorenz.net