[sane-devel] Canoscan Lide 80 and 5200F

Nikolas.Arend@gmx.net Nikolas.Arend@gmx.net
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:48:54 +0200 (MEST)

Hi there,

I found some rumours about someone having the canoscan lide 80 working under
SuSE linux. He said he used a driver for the 5200F (which is relatively new
and according to sane unsupported at the moment) and also others on the list
reported that this worked fine. It sounds more like a hoax since I haven't
found anything about lide 80 and a working sane backend/driver so far;
however, if there would be a possibility to run the lide 80 under linux
which was overlooked so far by most people, I'd rather appreciate to know
about it.
Unfortunately the mailing list is in German, you can find the post here:

http://www.linux-club.de/viewtopic.php?p=9278#9278

Could someone please comment on this (tell me if you need help with an
english translation)?

Thanx,  Nick.

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl