[sane-devel] OpticPro 4800P... plustek_pp kinda hangs.

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:46:13 +0200

On Tuesday 22 June 2004 16:38, Nathanael Noblet wrote:
> >probably nothing :-(
> >All seems to look okay - I will check this @ home...
> >You can try and set the port to SPP in BIOS and try again.....
>
> Okay, as a side note, I installed windows onto this same machine, to see if
> perhaps the scanner was shot, it is rather old. Unfortunately it worked
> perfectly.

You can't imagine how I hate this sentence ;-)

> So I'd REALLY like to try to get it working...

Yes, I can imagine...

You can also try and make the backend a kernel module - download the latest
CVS snapshot, unpack the sources and go to
sane-backends/doc/plustek
call as root usere MakeModule.sh script to compile install and load the ptdrv
module - then after successful loading, you should change the plustek_pp.conf
Building the kernel module needs the kernel-sources proberly installed and
configured on your box...
I'm just curious, if the module get's loaded - as it's the same code, maybe I
made a mistake when putting something to user space....

Ciao,
  Gerhard