[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2400 Photo scanner problems

Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:47:06 +0200

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 05:36:25PM -0600, brook@biology.nmsu.edu wrote:
> I'm slowly tracking down parts of the problem with my scanner.  When I
> tried the NetBSD kernel scanner devices (/dev/uscanner*) I identified
> an issue with sane-find-scanner.  It lacks any definition for
> NetBSD-specific kernel devices.  I submitted a bug report (category
> tools) that provides a patch that fixes that.

I've added that patch to CVS. Next time, please attach the patch to
the bug report ("upload"), that way the patch can be downloaded and
applied directly. Could you try if it works in the CVS version of sane
now?

> The remaining issue with using the kernel devices is getting the
> scanner information from the device driver.  I'm looking into that,
> but if I hack in a hard-coded response to match the correct scanner
> everything works perfectly.

Some backends can cope with the kernel scanner driver not returning
USB ids. E.g. by setting options in backend.conf or by otherwise
telling the backend which scanner is actually connected.