[sane-devel] HP5370C still not working

Sat, 26 Jun 2004 11:40:38 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 11:20:57PM +0200, Rene Rebe wrote:
> > An unrelated bug showed the same timeouts:
> > - Epson Perfection 1260 (plustek), sane-backends-1.0.14, on Linux 2.6.7-rc2
> >   and 2.4.25 with scanner.o(!)
> > Reason: the epson backend tries to talk to this scanner
>
> You mean "talking" directly using libusb while the scanner module is
> loaded or so? Although this gives a permission denied or so for me,
> maybe with ohci this behaves differently? People with problems could
> take a look if either scanner or hpsubscsi was / is loaded ... and
> unload it just in case ...

No, the problem in this case was that the epson backend thought that
those scanners were supported by it. So the backend sent some commands
to the scanner which the scanner didn't understand. --> timeout.

That's fixed in CVS now.

I haven't heard about any problem with scanner driver/ libusb
interferences.

However, there are problems with devices opened by libusb which are
opened by other processed at the saame time. While the open fails,
there still seems to be sent USB messages to the scanner and at least
sometimes the scan process stops or images are corrupted.