[sane-devel] Re: SANE/Avision the shifted image problem

Rene Rebe rene@rocklinux-consulting.de
Sat, 26 Jun 2004 19:03:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:19:11 +0200,
    Alberto Passalacqua <alberto.passalacqua@tin.it> wrote:
> Hi Ren=C3=A9,
> =

> 1. scanimage -L gives:
> =

> device `avision:/dev/sg0' is a Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 5370C flatbed
> scanner

Ouhm - ok. Then make sure hpusbscsi is not loaded. Maybe just "rm" it
from your system. The module is rather unstable and I have not even
tested if recent backends work with it one bit.

You _want_ to access your scanner from user-space using
libusb. Neither hpusbscsi nor scanner must be loaded in order to do
so.

> P.S. If I do this twice, the first time I obtain the previous message=
,
> the second one I obtain the following one:

Yep. The unstable hpusbscsi driver got stuck. Do not use it.

> 2. scanimage -V gives:
> =

> scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.13; backend version 1.0.1

Hm - I wonder how 1.0.13 and 1.0.1 get mixed here. I guess you have
two version installed in parallel, where the binary is from
e.g. /usr/local/bin and the library from /usr/lib ?!? (Henning?)

Make sure you get 1.0.13 for both. Best by uninstalling both version
and just installed the new one (e.g. from source). I usually recommend
to use ./configure --prefix=3D/usr in order to install them into the
location whre your distribution already placed the files.

Sincerely yours,
  Ren=E9 Rebe
    - ROCK Linux stable release maintainer

--  =