[sane-devel] different scan outputs for different Linux distributions

Peter Mark Guevarra pmsguevarra@yahoo.com
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 18:54:29 -0700 (PDT)

--0-149988181-1088474069=:76993

Hello,

     Sorry for this late response..I have tested scanimage with Red Hat 8 and Red Hat 9.
The output in Red Hat 9 is darker compared with that of Red Hat 8 but exactly the same settings were used..
     You have said in your previous reply that xsane should not modify gamma settings automatically..I`m quite confused with the use of the options..How may I be able to do this?

Thanks a lot,
PMG

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 02:57:17AM -0700, Peter Mark Guevarra wrote:
> Has anyone encountered this problem wherein the same frontend, xsane
> or xscanimage for instance, has different outputs for RedHat, and
> SuSE or Mandrake?  Same settings were used in the frontend but
> different outputs resulted for different distributions, one is
> darker/brighter than the other.

I haven't heard about such a behaviour. Can you reproduce it with
scanimage? Maybe the scanner wasn't warmed up completely in one of the
tests?

> Also, in the case of using only one Linux Distribution, RedHat for
> example, is it expected to have the same output for the different
> SANE frontends given the default settings for each frontend?

Yes, if you don't use any of the color enhancement settings. E.g. make
sure that xsane doesn't modify your gamma settings automatically.

--0-149988181-1088474069=:76993

<DIV>Hello,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sorry for this late response..I have tested scanimage with Red Hat 8 and Red Hat 9.</DIV>
<DIV>The output in Red Hat 9 is darker compared with that of Red Hat 8 but exactly the same settings were used..</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You have said in your previous reply that xsane should not modify gamma settings automatically..I`m quite confused with the use of the options..How may I be able to do this?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks a lot,</DIV>
<DIV>PMG</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Hi,<BR><BR>On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 02:57:17AM -0700, Peter Mark Guevarra wrote:<BR>&gt;<I> Has anyone encountered this problem wherein the same frontend, xsane<BR></I>&gt;<I> or xscanimage for instance, has different outputs for RedHat, and<BR></I>&gt;<I> SuSE or Mandrake?&nbsp; Same settings were used in the frontend but<BR></I>&gt;<I> different outputs resulted for different distributions, one is<BR></I>&gt;<I> darker/brighter than the other.&nbsp; <BR></I><BR>I haven't heard about such a behaviour. Can you reproduce it with<BR>scanimage? Maybe the scanner wasn't warmed up completely in one of the<BR>tests?<BR><BR>&gt;<I> Also, in the case of using only one Linux Distribution, RedHat for<BR></I>&gt;<I> example, is it expected to have the same output for the different<BR></I>&gt;<I> SANE frontends given the default settings for each frontend?<BR></I><BR>Yes, if you don't use any of the color enhancement settings. E.g. make<BR>sure that xsane doesn't modify your gamma settings
 automatically.<BR><BR>Bye,<BR>&nbsp; Henning<BR></DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Do you Yahoo!?<br>
Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/new/*http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail">Check it out!</a>
--0-149988181-1088474069=:76993--