[sane-devel] Re: scanner not recognised part II

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:40:11 -0500 (EST)

when the driver is unloaded, it may say something. so you could go back=20
thru your /var/log/messages, and see where this happens. there may be some=
=20
clue on the preceding lines about why this happened.

if the kernel is automatically booting the module (because it believes it=
=20
is unused) then you may be able to add a parameter to modules.conf to tell=
=20
the kernel not to do this.

otherwise, you may have to do some silly magic like put your 'modprobe'=20
command in the file /etc/rc.d/rc.local, which is a shell script that is=20
run at the end of system init.

allan