[sane-devel] [Announce] Image Scan! for Linux (1.7.0) released
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:52:29 +0900
As (will shortly(?) be) announced at
a new version of "Image Scan! for Linux" has seen the light of day.
# Looks like someone forgot to update that page :-(
It can be downloaded from
http://www.epkowa.co.jp/linux/dl_scan.html (in Japanese)
The major changes are:
- added support for the Stylus CX5100/CX5200
- added support for the Stylus CX5300/CX5400
- added support for the Perfection 4870 PHOTO
- added model name "Extra Sensory Perception (ESP)" ;-)
This means that the unofficial support for the CX5100/CX5200 (that I
mentioned in the previous announcement) is now officially blessed.
FYI, there was an 1.6.1 release in mid February targetted only at the
Japanese version of the CX5100/CX5200 and the s of these scanners.
The ESP is meant to do a better job at displaying the model name that
is engraved/printed on your scanner. So all the people that reported
seeing things like "GT-7300" while they had bought a Perfection 1260,
should now see "Perfection 1260" instead.
This functionality relies on a correct setting of your time-zone.
FYI, the next release, 1.8.0, is planned for the end of March and is
- add support for the Stylus CX6300/CX6400
- add support for the Stylus Photo RX500/RX510
- add support for the Stylus Photo RX600/RX610
Olaf Meeuwissen EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
FSF Associate Member #1962 sign up at http://member.fsf.org/
GnuPG key: 6BE37D90/AB6B 0D1F 99E7 1BF5 EB97 976A 16C7 F27D 6BE3 7D90
Penguin's lib! -- I hack, therefore I am -- LPIC-2