[sane-devel] Sane and HP C6270A 3828

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:45:51 +0100

Hi,

you can check if the hp-backend is called to open the scanner. To do this do

SANE_DEBUG_HP=17
export SANE_DEBUG_HP

before starting scanimage. If the backend is called, it prints out
messages to stderr.
If it is not called, scanimage may look in a different directory for the
configuration. You can do

SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/etc/sane.d
export SANE_CONFIG_DIR

and then start scanimage again.
If you don't succeed in getting the scanner running, redirect the debug
messages to a file

scanimage -L 2>hp.lis

gzip it and send it back to me.

Sincerely