[sane-devel] minor: libusb not recognized

Julien TIERNY julien.tierny@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 22:42:09 +0200

Thank everyone of you for your enthusiastic and rapid help ... but I didn't=
=20
want to launch any troll ;-)

as for my libusb issue, it was my fault: i'm a gentoo linux user and I didn=
't=20
know the existence of a usb flag (needed to compile optional usb support).

Henning:
here's my sane-find-scanner's output: =20
"
 # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure t=
hat
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
  # Also you need support for SCSI Generic (sg) in your operating system.
  # If using Linux, try "modprobe sg".

found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x03f0, product=3D0x0a01, chip=3DGL646_HP?) at=
=20
libusb:005:002
found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x046d, product=3D0x0840) at libusb:004:004
found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x06b9, product=3D0x4061) at libusb:003:002
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be supporte=
d=20
by

  # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports can'=
t=20
be
  # detected by this program.

  # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
  # necessary.
"
which is quite expectable since I entered manually my scanner's ids in=20
genesys.conf

but I guess I missed something because first, the other supported scanners=
=20
appear in the list (I have some other devices at the mentioned addresses).
and moreover, here are sane utilities outputs:

scanimage:
"
scanimage genesys:libusb
scanimage: no SANE devices found
"

xscanimage:
"
xscanimage genesys:libusb
xscanimage: relocation error: /usr/lib/sane/libsane-genesys.so.1: undefined=
=20
symbol: sanei_usb_init
"

thank you for your advices, julien

Le mardi 30 Mars 2004 23:31, Enrico Weigelt a =E9crit :