[sane-devel] Re: scanner not recognised part II

m. allan noah anoah at pfeiffer.edu
Mon Mar 1 17:40:11 GMT 2004

when the driver is unloaded, it may say something. so you could go back
thru your /var/log/messages, and see where this happens. there may be some
clue on the preceding lines about why this happened.

if the kernel is automatically booting the module (because it believes it
is unused) then you may be able to add a parameter to modules.conf to tell
the kernel not to do this.

otherwise, you may have to do some silly magic like put your 'modprobe'
command in the file /etc/rc.d/rc.local, which is a shell script that is
run at the end of system init.

allan