[sane-devel] HP7400c scanner with kernel 2.6 doesn't work

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
Mon, 10 May 2004 23:36:59 +0000

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 20:42, Thomas Frayne wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 12:16, Sietse Achterop wrote:
> >      Hello list,
> >
> > My hp7400c scanner (avision-backend), with works properly
> > under windows 98, doesn't work under sane 1.0.14.
> >        (however, very seldom it did perform a proper scan)
> >

> I have an hp7450c scanner with the same problem.  I almost got it
> working last year by removing the hpusbscsi driver.  However, the driver
> has come back, and I haven't been able to find a way to prevent it from
> coming back whenever I reboot.

When using the hotplug package, place the module package name
in the /etc/hotplug/blacklist file.

Then restart the hotplug package
for example if using Debian.
./hotplug restart when in the /etc/init.d directory.

or reboot

--
m.vr.gr.