[sane-devel] problem installing sane-backends: invalid libtool wrapper script scanimage

Antoine Jacoutot ajacoutot@lphp.org
Wed, 12 May 2004 15:12:21 +0200

Selon Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de>:
> I haven't tested sane on OpenBSD for quite some time. I remeber some
> trouble with dynamic loading that time but compilation worked (1.0.12
> I think).

Hum... alright, thanks for the info.
Do you know a way for me to begin debugging this ?

> The "wrapper script" is a trick of libtool. It's used to be able to
> run binaries that use self-compiled libraries without prior
> installation of the libraries. So you can run "scanimage" directly
> from the sane source directory without installing sane.
>
> That's the theory at least. libtool uses a wrapper script that
> replaces the scanimage binary for that prupose. SOmething went wrong
> with that script but I have no clue what.

Allright.
Thanks a lot :)
I guess scanning under OpenBSD is not yet for tomorrow...
But I'm going to work on trying to make this work.

Antoine