[sane-devel] Info about HP scanjet 2300c

Yves Maniette yves@maniette.com
Mon, 17 May 2004 10:28:40 -0300

Gere K=E1roly, =E9crit :

> Hi!
>=20
> I've just read on http://www.sane-project.org that the scanner HP=20
> ScanJet 2300C is
> unsupported. Since I own one, I would like to submit the information
> I gathered
> (at the end of this mail).
>=20
> I think it would be great to have a working backend for this
> scanner, and since I can write programs in C, I'd like to write a
> driver (or participate in the creation of the driver), but I'd need
> some help - where and how to begin - because I don't know much about
> creating drivers .
>=20
> If someone can send me a few links or some documents concerning the=20
> creation of sane backends, I'd be more than happy.

 I have a hp2400, and the output of sane-find-scanner gives this:

 [...]
 =20
 found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=3D0x0a01 [hp=
 scanjet scanner], chip=3DGL646_HP) at libusb:001:003
   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be support=
ed by

  Frank Zago told me privately that he does not have much time to
code, and myself do not know how to code at all. I might try to learn
but that would mean learning from scratch.=20

 Maybe Frank could send you some hints about how to code a new driver.
And maybe I could manage to get more information using the "usbsniff",
provided I find a windowsbox near here.

 Yves