[sane-devel] Integrating primax backend into sane-backends?

Mon, 17 May 2004 17:47:55 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 12:51:15PM +0200, Hanno Böck wrote:
> I own a scanner that is supported by the primax backend from
> px-backend.sourceforge.net
>
> On the sane-page you write:
> > Comment: This backend is not included because it depends on the code
> > of the primax command line program. Therefore the author wants to keep
> > it in the primax CVS tree.
>
> But it seems that there is no more development on the primax command
> line tool and the backend. However it works fine.
>
> I suggest including the backend into the sane-backends-distribution. If
> needed, I can have a look at the code and remove the parts from the
> commandline-tool, which is imho no longer needed if sane includes the
> backend.

If the backend is compeletely GPLed (or GPL + SANE exception) and it
can be put into shape for sane (naming conventions etc.) and you want
to maintain it it's ok for me. In fact the more backends are included
in sane, the better.