[sane-devel] Using sane on Suse 9.1

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Fri, 28 May 2004 15:51:08 +0200

Hi,

go and install the SuSE sane rpms to statisfy the package managment.
In the configure of sane-1.0.14 use:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info

This makes sure, that your orignal sane stuff gets overwritten.
But before configuring, make sure that libusb is also installed.

That's it so far, make and make install should do the rest BUT forget about
YAST. You'll need to setup SANE manually, the configs are at /etc/sane.d

YAST complains at your box, because you've removed the sane rpm...

Hope this helps,
  Gerhard