[sane-devel] sane :: plustek opticslim m12

Fri, 28 May 2004 19:36:16 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 12:37:04PM -0700, Ciprian Manea wrote:
> I just bought myself a compact USB scaner from
> Plustek and I have some problems making it work under
> Linux (WBEL 3.0, a clone of RHEL 3.0).

I've already answered privately but I'll make some general comments
that may help people in the same situation.

It is not enough to add the scanner to gt68xx.conf, it must be also
added to the source code. The reason for that is that there are so
many settings that vary from one scanner to another.

That's explained here:
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/adding.html

There is really no way to do that remotely. YOu must have that scanner
and play with the source code until scanning works and works well.

> [gt68xx] gt68xx_device_identify: unknown USB device (vendor 0x07b3, product 0x0412)
> [gt68xx] gt68xx_device_open: leave: ok

That just means it's not in the source code.