[sane-devel] OS/2 specific patch for sane-backends/backend/dll.c

Sat, 29 May 2004 17:21:06 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 12:12:58AM +0200, Franz Bakan wrote:
> On Mon, 24 May 2004 21:15:24 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> >And now please show us a patch that automatically creates these names
> >in backend/Makefile :-) That's probably more complicated. But with
> >some Makefile or sed magic it should be possible.
>
> OK, here a not so complicated solution to keep things simple...
> I'm not firm in 'sed magic' so I used REXX which is included in OS/2
> Attached a script that changes the names of the dlls.
> It has to be executed after/from 'make install' on OS/2.
>
> What do you think? Could this script be added to
> sane-backends/
> or
> sane-backends/backend/

What about tools/? There is already a script called by the Makefile.
You could call it from backend/Makefile if the install target is run
on OS/2.

I'd change the license to just GPL. E.g. at the moment, nobody is
allowed to use your script (only copy, distribute and modify it) :-)

By the way: This posting is also a test for our mailing list server.
            Due to nameserver troubles at debian.org, subscribing to
	    the lists currently doesn't work. Let's see if sending
	    mails works.