[sane-devel] Problems with HP 6200C scanner and SANE

David Härdeman david@2gen.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 20:47:52 +0200

Keith Clayton wrote:

>Probably want to start by checking into the meaning of this error
>
>usbdevfs: USBDEVFS_BULK failed dev 2 ep 0x81 len 4096 ret -71
>

>I did some google-ing around without much success . . maybe ask the
>usb-devel list.
>
>You may also want to try the other uhci module.  IIRC, there are 2
>possible modules, usb-uhci and uhci.
>
>I have an OHCI controller myself but in following the usb list in the
>past I have noticed that for a variety of devices, people will have
>success with one host controller driver and not the other.

Hi,

and thanks for the suggestions, I tried the uchi module (so far I've
been using the usb-uhci module), but there was no improvement (same
error messages as before). The first message to this list was also sent
to the usb-users list and I'll give it a few days to see if anything
comes up...

Regards,
David