[sane-devel] [patch] fix SANE_Device

Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:09:37 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 01:28:16PM -0600, Frank Zago wrote:
> This patch removes the const from the name strings in SANE_Device.
> I didn't commit it because it might breaks stuff.

Be careful. SANE-Device is part of the SANE standard, so that would
need to be changed also.

> However, I believe the new definition is actually correct.

I guess the idea was that the strings shouldn't be changed after the
SANE-Device pointer is returned to the frontend.

As far as I can see the trouble results from doing things like
sane.name = strdup (...) and freeing those in sane_exit().