[sane-devel] Fujitsu backend questions

Mattias Kregert mattias@kregert.se
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:29:04 +0100

Oliver Schirrmeister wrote:

>There is an option 'sleeptimer'. I think it's the time in minutes(?) =
until the
>lamp is turned off. I've not tried it with the 4120.

Ok, i tried it, and as far as I can see this option doesn't do anything =
with the 4120... Until i find a better solution, i'll just leave the =
cover open (turns the lamp off) when i don't use it.

>I don't know about the 4120, but the big brothers of that scanner are =
able to=20
>do a paper length detection. It works fine with TWAIN but I've not=20
>implemented it in SANE, yet.=20

Are there any standard scsi commands to do this, or does every scanner =
have its own method for this detection? Would it help if i contact =
Fujitsu and ask them for a scsi programming manual for the 4120??

/Mattias