[sane-devel] using Epson 2480 Photo with sane

Gert Ahrens gert.ahrens@datahighways.de
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 10:59:04 +0100

Hi Oliver,

thanks for your immediately answer. Sorry I wrote I'm crazy and that where to
yesterday evening. I m copied the filepath at least yesterday because of my
confusion from konqueror without control about the correctness.
After modifying this I find out that the error depends on my libraries. After
compilation, the sane-backends libraries could be find on /usr/local/lib and I
have copied
all to /usr/local/lib64 because of my AMD x86_64 system. After that the
message
[snapscan] Downloading /path/to/your/firmware/file.bin
[snapscan] Cannot open firmware file /path/to/your/firmware/file.bin.
[snapscan] Edit the firmware file entry in snapscan.conf.
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_open: download_firmware command failed: Invalid
argument
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_exit
appears.
Thereafter I make uninstall my sane-backend then make clean and :/configure
--libdir=/usr/local/lib64. I had no problems with compilation and with
install it all.
But on the next xsane call the same error message above appears. Is it
possible to compile sane-backends for x86_64 and wich settings of configure
are necessary or must I change the makefile?