[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner finds Lide20, plustek backend does not

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 08:49:00 +0200

On Thursday 30 September 2004 18:56, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
> Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 01:22:01PM -0700, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
> >>[sanei_debug] Setting debug level of sanei_usb to 255.
> >>[sanei_usb] sanei_usb_init: couldn't open /dev/usb/scanner0: No such
> >> device [sanei_usb] sanei_usb_init: found 0 devices
> >
> > Oh. That means that SANE isn't built with libusb support. It only
> > searches for /dev/usb/ but not for libusb devices.
>
> Ah...THAT would explain a lot!
>
> > As your sane-find-scanner program finds libusb devices, maybe you have
> > an old installation of the SANE backends without libusb support that's
> > used by scanimage?
>
> I'm using the backends that came with Mandrake 10.0, which claim to be
> 1.0.13. Sounds like I should un-install the Mandrake version of sane and
> install from another source (hopefully I won't have to compile...)
>
> Can I just change the backends, or should I change the whole thing?

Always change the whole thing, only by that you're guaranteed that it'll
work together. For the LiDE20 try to get the latest 1.0.14 stuff, because
of some missing calibration stuff in 1.0.13.

Ciao,
  Gerhard