[sane-devel] microtek2 backend users: please test CVS version of backend

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@gmx.de
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 23:52:55 +0200

Hi,

Henning, thanks for updating the backend.
I recently replaced my old microtek parallelport scannner with an Epson 2480
(what a difference!) and I think I will stop working on the microtek2
backend. But finally I would like to commit the changes I collected in the
last time so they don't get lost. Henning, I'll send you the current files
for the CVS, (I don't think I will need CVS access). They include the changes
you made.
I tried to test todays CVS version on my old machine with the old scanner and
I experienced a compilation problem:

make[1]: Wechsel in das Verzeichnis
Verzeichnis /home/karsten/tmp/sane-backends/tools
gcc -c -g -O2 -W -Wall -Wcast-align -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-declarations
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wreturn-type -Wstrict-prototypes
-pedantic -ansi -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include
-DPATH_SANE_CONFIG_DIR=/usr/local/etc/sane.d
-DPATH_SANE_DATA_DIR=/usr/local/share           -DV_MAJOR=1 -DV_MINOR=0
sane-find-scanner.c
sane-find-scanner.c: In function `parse_file':
sane-find-scanner.c:973: warning: implicit declaration of function
`check_libusb_device'
sane-find-scanner.c:974: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
[...much more of this...]
sane-find-scanner.c:1070: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
sane-find-scanner.c:1073: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[1]: *** [sane-find-scanner.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: Verlassen des Verzeichnisses
Verzeichnis /home/karsten/tmp/sane-backends/tools
make: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

Looks like a libusb issue? I don't have libusb installed on the old machine
but I ran configure with --disable-libusb so I expected no problems.
Compiling on the new machine (which has libusb) works, but the 2.6 Kernel
doesn't have ppscsi support so I can't test the backend right now.

Regards,

Karsten