[sane-devel] niash backend dependencies in backend/Makefile.in

Fri, 8 Oct 2004 13:03:25 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 10:49:09PM +0200, Bertrik Sikken wrote:
> I just tried sane-backends CVS and found that it did not work
> for my hp3300 (niash backend). Scanimage -L complains about
> missing 'sanei_scsi_find_devices'. I think this is somehow
> pulled in from another sanei function.

That's called from sanei_config_attach_matching_devices.

However, at least in current CVS niash doesn't seem to use that
function.

> I noticed that nearly all other backends have a line in
> backend/Makefile.in that declares dependency on sanei_scsi.lo
> (the niash backend does not have it)
> Adding the following line to backend/Makefile.in made it work
> for me:
> libsane-niash.la: ../sanei/sanei_scsi.lo

That's only needed for SCSI backends. USB backends should use
sanei_usb_attach_matching_devices (which is in sanei_usb.lo).

> Can someone review the correctness of the dependencies in
> backend/Makefile.in for the niash backend?

It's correct as far as I can see.

If it still happens after "cvs update ; make distclean; ./congigure ;
make ; make install" could you show us some more details (e.g. if it's
really the niash backend that uses this function)?

I don't get any errors with scanimage -L.