[sane-devel] Scanner Button

René Rebe rene@exactcode.de
Mon, 11 Oct 2004 22:54:06 +0200

Hi,

m. allan noah wrote:

> there has been much discussion in the past, but everyone seems too busy
> to actually get anything in writing. search the archives of the sane
> mailing list, there where several threads about it in the earlier part
> of this year, IIRC.
>
> basically:
>
> front end polling a backend via asking for updates on certain OPTs seems
> to be the consensus. details that need work: how to identify which opts,
> recommendations for how frontends could display that data, and does the
> backend need to be able to specify the polling interval. how the buttons
> are affected by the network scanner locking code also seems like a good
> topic for discussion.
>
> allan
>
> On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Ullrich Sigwanz wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Are there thoughts /ideas/implementations for including the button
>> handling in SANE (resp. SANE2) in a standardized way?
>>
>> (e.g. a polling daemon, callbacks to start applications etc.)

Proof of concept implemented in the Avision backend (might not yet be in
CVS - I merge in the next days). Code is here:

   http://svn.exactcode.de/sane-avision/trunk/

An example "how to poll the buttons":

   http://svn.exactcode.de/sane-avision/trunk/sanebuttonsd/

Have fun,

PS: I might mail with the wrong From: address for the list - sorry.

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
             +49 (0)30  255 897 45