[sane-devel] Interesting image problem when scanning color ...

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:52:25 +0200

Hi,

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 15:41, Kenneth H. Peters wrote:
> Gergard, thanks for the assist ... :) ...
>
> As you requested, below is output from two scan sessions:
>
> 	1.) scanimage -x 10 -y 10 --format=tiff --resolution 50
> 	2.) scanimage -x 10 -y 10 --format=tiff --resolution 300
>
> I am curious to know what specifically you are look for? An engineer here
> believes this is a Big-Endian issue, but I have not been able to nail it
> down.

sorry for ignoring your mail so far - I'm short of time (anyway who is not ;)
First I thought, that there's really something wrong with BE/LE on the
backend, but when comparing the register settings on my box and on your box
everything looks fine. The picture data are 8bit wide and therefore I guess
there's no problem.
Did you do all scans using TIFF? Can you please check PNM output too?

Ciao,
  Gerhard