[sane-devel] XEROX 620S SCSI Scanner.

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:29:28 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 11:23:14AM -0400, Chris Norton wrote:
> Is there any support for a XEROX D620S SCSI Scanner through sane?

It's not mentioned in our lists so: probably no.

> I'm using Mandrake linux and with a Adaptec 2940 card.  sane-scan-finder
> finds the Xerox scanner on /dev/sg0.

Could you show us the output of "sane-find-scanner -v -v"?

> Under windows 98 the Twain and ISIS drivers worked without any
> additional software. The point is that it appeared to be Twain and ISIS
> compliant.

"TWAIN"-compliant doesn't mean anything. It's not a scanner standard
but a software interface standard. You still need a TWAIN driver for
each different scanner.

What is "ISIS"?

> I really would like to use this scanner with linux. It's the only reason
> I still have windows around.

Start writing a backend (=driver). This is not a joke. Drivers for
(older) SCSI scanners are usually easier than for the newer dumb USB
devices.