[sane-devel] Xsane Crashes with Epson 4180 Scanner

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@epkowa.co.jp
Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:37:39 +0900

Karl Heinz Kremer <khk@khk.net> writes:

> It looks like this scanner does not "speak" the ESC/I protocol. At
> least not any flavor that the EPSON backend supports. Maybe Olaf can
> shed some light on this.

I guess I could ;-)

As the EPSON drivers say, this is a GT-F600.  It does not speak ESC/I.
It will be supported by iscan's epkowa backend in the near future (but
first we'll get a release for a bunch of all-in-ones).

FYI, it is closely related to the GT-9400 (Perfection 3170 PHOTO)
which is supported as of iscan-1.6.0.

--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, PF1
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/