[sane-devel] Scanjet 4C - newbie with linux and sane scanning

Dr. Jones drjones@vii.com
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:48:08 -0600

I am writing to get some help and pointers and to hopefully avoid the
pitfalls.

I have been running debian 3.0 a while now, but have yet to hook up my
scanner, which now resides on an older windows machine. It uses the SCSI
card interface, and works well on my win 98se box; but I want to
eliminate Windows completely from my network here.

Any suggestions other than to dive in and try it on my machine? I am
thinking of just installing linux on my current 98se box...and then
setting up SANE to handle the scanning, hoping that it's not too
painful. I'd love to hear from others who use a ScanJet 4c device.

Scott

--
Dr. Scott S. Jones
Hands-On Chiropractic