[sane-devel] I have the Epson Perfection 2480 and 2580 for testing

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:59:47 +0200

Hi,

> Why does the frontend want to set the gray gamma table to (nil)?
>
> [snapscan] sane_snapscan_control_option (0x823a6b0, 24, 1, (nil),
> 0xbfffdffc)
>
> Maybe I don't understand something here but that looks strange.

This seems to cause the crash (which is not that surprising). For some
reason the frontend passes an invalid pointer.

Can you try another frontend (e.g. xscanimage)? It may also help to
delete any xsane preferences (stored in ~/.sane/xsane IIRC).

/Oliver