[sane-devel] I have the Epson Perfection 2480 and 2580 for testing

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 20:41:29 +0200

Here are some more debug logs, all for the 2580 (lower part with film
feeder lid):

http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/eps2580debug3.log
http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/eps2580debug4.log
http://www.linuxprinting.org/till/tmp/eps2580debug5.log

To get these logs the scanner was connected and turned on and then the
following command lines executed:

[root@majax g]# SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 scanimage > 1.pnm
2>eps2580debug3.log
[root@majax g]# ll 1.pnm
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 0 Oct 22 13:50 1.pnm
[root@majax g]# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 020: ID 04b8:0121 Seiko Epson Corp.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0451:2077 Texas Instruments, Inc. TUSB2077 Hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04f9:0016 Brother Industries, Ltd
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
[root@majax g]# SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 scanimage > 1.pnm
2>eps2580debug4.log
[root@majax g]# ll 1.pnm
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 26849629 Oct 22 13:58 1.pnm
[root@majax g]# SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=255 xscanimage >eps2580debug5.log 2>&1

The scanimage commands are non-interactive and only on the second the
scan succeeded (file contains the correct image). The first did not
succeed because there the firmware was uploaded and the scanner
reconnected with a new address as told already in the previous posting.
The third command was an interactive xscanimage session. The following
steps were done:

1. Normal preview, failed as described in the previous posting: fast
sweep of scan head, no correct image.

2. Scan of a very small part of the image area. Succeeded, file contains
expected image.

3. Preview with TPU, took VERY long until it started, head sweep sounded
correct, but color components seem to be misaligned.

4. Scan with TPU, took long but seems correct.

5. Back to normal flatbed mode: Preview scan still broken.

6. Normal scan of full area at 100 dpi absolutely correct.]

    Till