[sane-devel] sane vs sanei_usb

Mbosowo I Sampson msampson@ic.sunysb.edu
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:14:29 -0400 (EDT)

Have a question about the functionality of sane_open vs sanei_usb_open
(and other parallel functions). As I understand it, sanei_usb_open opens
up a connection to send and receive usb specific information.  What I'm
confused about is if there is any overlap with operation sane_open. Could
someone highlight the difference of the two for me. In
the same spirit are sanei_usb_read_bulk and sane_read mutually exclusive
in the function they perform? is there any over lap? what's the explicit
purpose for each one? what can each do that the other can't?

 						Mboso