[sane-devel] HP PSC 1315.

Gnea gnea@gnea.net
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:33:20 -0400

* gerard klaver (gerard@gkall.hobby.nl) cobbled forth:
> On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 09:00, Scott wrote:
> snip
> scanimage --version should show your sane-backends verson
> 1.0.14 is the latest.

Yes.

> > Running the command:
> > celery:~# xscanimage hpoj:mlc:usb:psc_1315
> >
> xscanimage hpoj:libusb:003:009

Well I reinstalled and now it says it's at 003:011 so I checked
permissions and sure enough it was at 644 so I switched it to 666 (for
now)....

celery:~# xscanimage hpoj:libusb:003:011
returns with: Failed to open device `hpoj:libusb:003:011': Invalid
argument.

> check also /etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap if
> your scanner is present, otherwise add a line for your scanner

It was not there, so I added it:

# Hewlett-Packard|PSC 1315
libusbscanner             0x0003      0x03f0   0x3f11    0x0000
0x0000
   0x00         0x00            0x00            0x00            0x00
      0x00               0x00000000

> If you have a kernel with a scanner.o or scanner.ko file
> remove the file or place the filename it in /etc/hotplug/blacklists

I'm sticking with 2.6.7 for now in order to help stamp out bugs (2.6.8.*
has a nasty bug right now that doesn't allow cd burning)

> > I really can't think of much more... hpoj is listed at the bottom of
> > /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
> if #hpoj, remove #

Did that, I'm still stuck with no working scanner.  I snagged the source
package of hpoj 0.91 from debian and modified the debian/rules file to
compile --with-libusb and with --with-usb but after I installed it, it
wouldn't even detect it!!  So I reverted and am going to try CVS soon.
I am probably going to start cross-posting to the hpoj devel mailing
list soon, as some people there appear to have gotten scanning to work.

Thanks for the help so far!

         .oO Gnea [gnea at garson dot org] Oo.
            .oO url [http://gnea.net] Oo.

"You can tune a filesystem, but you can't tune a fish." -Kirk McKusick