[sane-devel] The status of the HP 2300 and 2400's.

Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:54:31 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 08:37:15PM -0500, Jason Anderson wrote:
>>From what I have read, there has been some success in the HP 2300 and
>>HP 2400.  I have read the specific information on the main SANE site,
>>but I am wondering what you guys have actually done, such as made a
>>simple scan.  I know you've already been able to turn on the lamp
>>light, so I know you're making progress.

See http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/genesys-backend/ .

I don't have any specific information about these scanners other than
what's mentioned in the scanner search engine.

The genesys backend is developed using the UMAX Astra 4500, which has
the same (or a very similar) chipset as the two HP scanners. With that
scanner the backend can reset the scanner, move forward and home the
slider, turn on the lamp and wait until the lamp brightness is stable.
The next step would be coarse calibration. Scanning some lines from
the calibration strip works, but the calibration code seems to be
wrong as the image gets too dark. The fine calibration after that
fails with a timeout for yet unknown reasons.