[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner + usb notices

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Aug 1 16:18:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 10:49:37AM +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> after some time of searching why my lide20 wasn't working I've
> recognized that /proc/bus/usb wasn't mounted.
> It would be great if this hint could be added sane-find-scanner's
> notice output.
>
> I'll check out the latest sources and make a patch for it
> in the next days ...

/proc/bus/usb is Linux-specific. I don't think it should be mentioned
in sane-find-scanner output (which is somewhat overloaded anyway).

What we could add is a link to the sane-usb manpage:

Instead of:

  # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a driver for your USB host controller and have installed a
  # kernel scanner module.

(which is wrong anyway) use:

  # No USB scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure that
  # you have loaded a driver for your USB host controller and have setup the USB
  # system correctly. See man sane-usb for details.