[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 20 vertical lines

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Tue Aug 2 07:12:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Monday 01 August 2005 16:18, Gian Domeni Calgeer wrote:
> Hmm... This seems to be a common problem, maybe a bug in sane (see
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-July/014006.html,
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-July/014018.html,
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-July/014019.html,
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2005-July/014020.html)
>
> Am Montag, 1. August 2005 01.43 schrieb Udo Lütkemeier:
> > Hello,
> >
> > i have bought a new Canon LiDE 20.
> > I have me decide for these Scanner, because these is list on the website
> > from the sane-project with status "complete". Also have another LiDE 20
> > user from the ELUG(Essener Linux User Group) send me demo-scans.
> > These scans have also a good quality.

[SNIPSNAP]

it's definitly not a SANE bug - it's a problem in fine calibration - if the position
of the fine-calibration strip is not excactly set, you might get those stripes - some
backends tryy to find it automagically, some set them directly.

For the plustek-backend, you might want to test with various values for
posShadingY (to set in the options section in plustek.conf), try values from 10 to 50...
and make sure to use the latest CVS snapshot - enable debug and try a scan, i.e.:
export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=19 ; xsane - send us the output.

Ciao,
Gerhard