[sane-devel] scanimage/saned segfault

Scott Hazen Mueller scott at zorch.sf-bay.org
Tue Aug 9 04:37:17 UTC 2005

>scott, not enough data from the debug logs there. with both the endianness
>and alignment issues of gcc on the slug, it could be a host of things. can
>you try doing some differences in color depth and resolution, and see if
>it is truly size based, or rather data size based.

OK, here's what I was able to test -

size 8.5x11, gray instead of color - fails
size 8.5x11, resolution 100 instead of 300 - fails
size 6x4, resolution 1200 instead of 300 - works, generates a 45MB .pnm file.

>can you verify that your setup works with an x86 linux box in place of the
>slug?

I don't have any x86 Linux boxes, but I moved the scanner to my x86 FreeBSD
box.  With the slug as the client and the BSD box as the server, an 8.5x11
scan works.  Prior to that, I did an additional slug-to-slug test, and that
failed.

>can you try openslug?

I probably can, if I swap the scanner to the slug that's not running my VPN...
Does it look like it'd be a valuable test?

Thanks,

                     \scott