[sane-devel] Plustek hangs on OS/2 - part II

Paul Smedley paul at smedley.info
Tue Aug 9 08:06:46 UTC 2005

Hi All,
Wonder if anyone has any ideas on the semi-random LiDE20 hangs on OS/2.

Most of the time - if I run scanimage -L it hangs scanimage.exe.  When
it runs - I get a single beep out of the PC speaker, and looking at the
logs, scanimage has gone through all the backend exit routines.
Usually, unplugging the scanner will clear the scanimage -L hang.

A sample log of this condition is at
http://smedley.info/lide20debugoutput-L-hang.txt

Sometimes, scanimage -L will still give the beep, but not hang - sample
log at http://smedley.info/lide20debugoutput-L-beep-nohang.txt

Finally, even rarer, sometimes scanimage -L doesn't beep at all, nor
does it hang - a log of this condition is at
http://smedley.info/lide20debugoutput-scan-good.txt

Anyone have any clues at all?

Cheers,

Paul.