[sane-devel] scanimage seg fault doing network scanning!

Per Arnold Blåsmo pab at norbit.no
Tue Aug 9 09:55:32 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am trying to do a set up a server for doing scanning over the network.
My scanner is connected to a server running FC3. Its a Xerox WorkCenter
PE120i. I am able to use xsane on the server to scan images.

I have set up saned and doing telnet to the port works.

The I add go to one of the workstations and add the server name in the
'net.conf' file in /etc/sane.d/ folder.

This is the output I get.

scanimage -L
[sanei_wire] sanei_w_array: DECODE: maximum amount of allocated memory
exceeded (limit: 1048576, new allocation: 3180390528, total: 3181439104
bytes)
Segmentation fault

Running scanimage without editing 'net.conf' does not make scanimage crash.

I have tried this on both a workstation running FC4 and Mandriva 2005LE.

On the server the same thing happens when I put 'localhost' into the
'net.conf' file.

Without doing editing in the net.conf file scanimage is OK.

Anybody that knows about this problem?

PerA.