[sane-devel] Re: Plustek hangs on OS/2 - part II

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Thu Aug 11 07:50:35 UTC 2005

Hi Paul,

the problem seems to be the UIO Error, which also sometimes exist
on Linux, but in the end has no effect on the functionality.
I did quite a lot of tests these days on the LiDE20 (because of
some calibration issues), but had no problems so far.

What does the beep mean? On Linux scanimage -L neither beeps, nor
it hangs.

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 10:06, Paul Smedley wrote:
> Hi All,
> Wonder if anyone has any ideas on the semi-random LiDE20 hangs on OS/2.
>
> Most of the time - if I run scanimage -L it hangs scanimage.exe.  When
> it runs - I get a single beep out of the PC speaker, and looking at the
> logs, scanimage has gone through all the backend exit routines.
> Usually, unplugging the scanner will clear the scanimage -L hang.
>
> A sample log of this condition is at
> http://smedley.info/lide20debugoutput-L-hang.txt
>
> Sometimes, scanimage -L will still give the beep, but not hang - sample
> log at http://smedley.info/lide20debugoutput-L-beep-nohang.txt
>
> Finally, even rarer, sometimes scanimage -L doesn't beep at all, nor
> does it hang - a log of this condition is at
> http://smedley.info/lide20debugoutput-scan-good.txt

Hmmm, could not access this file!

> Anyone have any clues at all?

No, not really, I'll do some tests with the threading enabled...

Ciao,
Gerhard