[sane-devel] Epson 2480 Transparency Unit - I give up

Simon Munton simon at munton.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 13 15:34:46 UTC 2005

On Thursday 11 August 2005 12:00 am, Ken Ramey wrote:
> JB Wrote:
> >Maybe it'd be interesting to compare the firmwares used.
>
> That's a good idea.  I would be willing to upload my firmware for
> comparison or would even be willing to compare mine with one from
> someone who is having no problems with the color bands and post the
> results.

The firmware (esfw41.bin) I'm using which seems to work OK doing
transparencies on sane backends 1.0.16 has the following version info at the
very end of the file:

EPSON   GT-F500         1.16
Thu Oct 28 2004 17:57

I got this firmware by downloading the 2.6v version of the scanner software
from Epson's support site. The file I got was named epson19983eu.zip, and I
extracted the firmware file from the ModUsd.cab file in the zip archive using
cabextract.

Simon