[sane-devel] Getting Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner working

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Aug 14 08:15:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 11:38:44PM -0400, Martin wrote:
> I am trying to get my Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner working on the USB
> port, but after reading a whole bunch of articles on Google.com, I am
> still not sure howto configure the modules and sane-backend and
> sane-frontend components, mustek_usb.conf, etc., and get it working so I
> can actually use my scanner.

That scanner is supported by the gt68xx backend, not mustek_usb. Here
is more documentation: http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/gt68xx-backend/

The main point is that you get the firmware from the above mentioned
page and copy it to the location listed in man sane-gt68xx.
After that you should be able to scan at least as root (scanimage -L;
scanimage --help; scanimage >image.pnm). If scanning as normal user
doesn't work, look into the documentation for your distribution, it
should be explained there.