[sane-devel] (no subject)

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Aug 16 09:00:49 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 02:58:24AM -0000, Gora Mohanty wrote:
>   We need to support a HP 5550C Scanjet under SANE. From going through
> the list archives, I see that this scanner is not yet supported, but
> there is a note that it might be possible to adapt the genesys driver
> to support it. If no one else is working on that as yet, I should be
> able to devote some time to such a project starting from the end of
> this week. Please do let me know if someone has already started working
> on supporting this scanner.

Have a look at the archive of this list and especially look for
"genesys" and "gl841". At least that's what we think the chipset is.
There is ongoing discussion about the inclusion of that chipset in the
genesys backend. Your scanner will need modifications, at least some
code is laready there.

Please send an output of "sane-find-scanner -v -v" of a recent
sane-backends. Just to make sure it really uses a gl841 chipset.