[sane-devel] genesys backend

Nikolas Arend Nikolas.Arend at gmx.net
Sun Aug 21 15:31:41 UTC 2005

Jens Luedicke wrote:

>Pierre Willenbrock wrote:
>

>>For a partly working Canon LiDE 35 you will need to apply
>>genesys_gl841.diff.gz (gzipped) to experimental cvs. The patch already
>>contains the slope generation code. Only color mode is working
>>currently. And not even bugfree.
>>

>my LiDE 50 is (partially) working. I could scan an image in 8 bit Color
>(gimp refused to open the 16 bit color image). the resulting file had a
>reddish stain.
>
>Thanks for your work!
>
>btw, I needed to strip the C++ style comments. My gcc didn't like them.
>Jens

Hi all,

I own a Canon Lide 80, which also uses the gl841 chipset. I'd like to
test it with Pierre's latest patch, but I guess since it's not listed in
genesys_devices.c, scanimage -L won't find it.
Could somebody please give me some hints what I must do to make it being
recognized?

Thank you so much for your work on the backend!

Regards,   Nick