[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 4490 PHOTO

Gerhard Grygiel grygiel at sun52a.desy.de
Fri Aug 26 06:53:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 08:54:41AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> Rayudu Addagarla <rayuduak at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hai
> > Seems this problem was there in epson backend years back,
> > see this list from november 2001.
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2001-November/000875.html
> > I have no other suggestions now, but if i find will post.
>
> The mail mentioned concerns the Perfection 1200 which _is_ supported
> by the epson and epkowa backends.  As I already mentioned in another
> mail, the Perfection 4490 will not be supported by the epson backend.
> Support is planned for the epkowa backend and will require an closed
> source library.
I tried to use VueScan, but it dosen't work. VueScan mentioned that
aditional software and firmware is required. The firmware one can find
on the manufacturer CD, but the lib "libesint54.so" should come from
the iscan package. There is no libesint54.so in the newest iscan
package.

Thanks for your effort. I should buy an other scanner.

Gerhard