[sane-devel] scanning an entire A4 page under commandline

Osvaldo La Rosa olr at tiscali.be
Wed Aug 31 12:15:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 09:11:11AM +0200, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:
> the default area of the plustek backend is NOT A4, it's exactly the small
> portion you currently see.

Ah OK, but I don't understand why not A4. No matter.

> You might use scanimage --help to see the available options, i.e.:
> [SNIPSNAP]
> Geometry:
>     -l 0..215mm [0]
>         Top-left x position of scan area.
>     -t 0..297mm [0]
>         Top-left y position of scan area.
>     -x 0..215mm [126]
>         Width of scan-area.
>     -y 0..297mm [76.21]
>         Height of scan-area.
>
> Here you see the default area in brackets.
> scanimage -x 215 -y 297 -format tiff >outputfile.tif
> should give you the expected result.

That's it I think so; cannot test it yet but will do that asap.
My wife was able to scan yesterday simply by adding her to the group
scanner, since this seem to be a bug in the Debian Sarge.
And she was able to use xsane or OpenOffice many times with no crashes,
no driver failure or so, so version 1.0.15-9 of libsane and sane-utils
is Okay.

Thanx,

Aldo.